Home Packing Services and Packing Tips
An unsuccessful packing job will lead to an unsuccessful move. Proper packing paper, padding and boxing procedures are vital to protect your belongings.
TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® Atlanta offers a full range of packing and unpacking services. Local, trained professional packers are able to help you with as much or as little of the packing and unpacking as you need. We also sell moving boxes and packing supplies.
Packing for yourself can be a great way to economize your move. To help you pack as safely and efficiently as possible, TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® has compiled tips to make your packing experience easier.
- Do not over-pack moving boxes — the heavier the item, the smaller the moving box.
- Start packing the items you don't need as soon as you know you're moving.
- Avoid mixing items from different rooms in the same moving boxes.
- Put detailed labels on tops and sides of all moving boxes.
- Don't interlock moving box tops. They must always be sealed with packing tape.
- Pack a moving box of things that you will need immediately at your new home and make sure it is loaded last on the truck so that the contents will be immediately available at your new home.
- To minimize the chance of breakage, pack and unpack over a padded surface so that if you do drop an item, it will land on a cushioned surface.
- Lampshades and fine china should not be packed in newspaper because the ink can permanently stain these items. Instead, use packing paper.
Let us help you protect your belongings. We'll pack and load those boxes safely for you.